They said you couldn’t share audio online. They were wrong.
I’ve become obsessed with helping radio stations and podcast producers share their amazing content on social media.
I’ve been lucky enough to travel the world sharing this information with large broadcasting companies – and now we can work together, too.
You could be a:
- Podcaster, working independently to produce your show.
- Radio producer working at a broadcaster.
- Social media professional who needs to learn about shareable sound.
Together, we can help you go from being overwhelmed to overjoyed at the number of new people who are enjoying your amazing content!
You clicked on this page because you are passionate about the content you are producing, but frustrated that it’s not getting the attention it deserves.
You work all hours to produce your show, and you’re starting to feel exhausted.
- You have guests people would LOVE to hear, but you never seem to let the audience know in time, because you’re so busy.
- You use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram – a bit, but you’re never sure whether to talk about what’s on your show or develop some kind of separate ‘brand’.
- You want to share the best bits from your programme like the big radio stations and podcasters do – but don’t have the budget for camera systems or complex editing.
And, to cap it all, your friend’s just launched a podcast with a similar topic and they’ve got more listeners than you already!
Now, imagine you had an easy way to spread the word about your show, without taking oodles of extra time and expense each week.
You plan which clips you are going to use during the recording, follow some simple steps to share them each week – and suddenly, social media is abuzz with news of your show.
A famous guest even retweeted you and you have record download figures!
Suddenly, you have:
- More people aware of your show – sharing, commenting, and liking your content.
- An easy way to help guests promote their appearance, hassle-free.
- A renewed sense of pride and excitement about your programme – with none of the exhaustion, confusion and stress.
- People wanting to contact you to be on your show, rather than you constantly having to pitch to them.
But to get there, you’re going to need a bit of help and support.
Which social sharing technique is the best?
Which platform should you concentrate on?
What exactly is ‘visualisation’?
And – can you really share audio online?
That’s where the Socially Sharing SOUND comes in.
This online course shows you a range of different visualisation techniques. You try them all, and then pick the styles which most suit your show (and you find the most fun to make!)
You’ll have instant access to the following sessions:
- An introduction, where we outline what the social sharing of audio is, and how you can quickly create social media content to highlight the best bits of your show.
- Pictures & Audio – introducing the basics of audio editing and subtitling, so you can share your programme on YouTube (this one trick can give you access to thousands of extra listeners and is overlooked by many of the big players).
- Big Text – learning how to animate text in under 10 minutes, for a striking way to share shorter clips.
- Wiggly Waveform – how to create the classic ‘Audiogram’-style video, to alert your audience that there is great content to be heard just a tap away!
- Smartphone Audiograms – demonstrating the key skill of phone-to-phone production – a staple of Mobile Journalism (#mojo) techniques.
- Moving Pictures – an innovative technique for animating photos. This session also introduces techniques for editing on your smartphone.
- Animations – using Keynote or PowerPoint to make stand-out content and share your radio or podcast clips like nobody else.
- Your Social Sharing Action Plan – a chance to reflect on what you have learned and choose your favourite techniques to try – and tweak – over the next few months.
In addition, we provide some sample audio and images, so you can get started and learn the skills even if you don’t have content from your own podcast or radio programme available.
You will receive reminder e-mails so you can tackle one module a week – but if you can’t wait to get stuck in, then don’t worry – all of the content is available straight away.
As a result of the Socially Sharing SOUND course, you’ll:
- Start sharing real highlights from your show from week one, so you can practice the techniques and attract more listeners straight away.
- Learn transferrable skills such as editing and smartphone production which will help you in any audio creative job.
- Attract more listeners by not only sharing your content more widely, but also understanding how to make it more searchable – and be able to be found by search engines such as Google.
- Have a clear plan for which social media platform you need to focus on, and the exact steps you (or your editor) needs to take each week, leaving you less stressed and more focussed.
- Feel excited and proud to share your content online, rather than worried, overwhelmed and in a procrastination vortex of doom.
The social sharing of audio is a relatively new area, and it’s one I am delighted to be able to share with you.
I started my life as a radio and online producer and I know how hectic it can be when you are trying to keep a show on the air.
I’m lucky to have supported thousands of fledgling podcasters, and they have similar issues – trying to generate a buzz as well as creating content each week. It’s a lot to juggle.
Sharing audio online is one of my specialist areas of interest. Whether I’m working with an international broadcaster, or a standalone podcaster producer content in their spare time, I’m always delighted and amazed to hear their audio highlights.
I want you to be able to spread your love of audio more easily. And this course will show you how!
Want to join me?
The Socially Sharing Sound course is available now.
It costs £47 (price will be going up soon – see below).
- Who is this course aimed at?
Anyone who makes audio content they want to share online – e.g. radio professionals, podcasters, journalists. If you work more generally in social media and want to learn about sharing sound, then this is also for you!
- What social media platforms does it cover?
The techniques you will learn are can be adapted for any social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, TikTok and IGTV.
- What equipment do I need?
You’ll need a computer/laptop and a smartphone.
Important note: At present, this course is in its initial stage and some of the modules focus on Mac and iPhone users. PC and Android users will still be able to enjoy most of the content, but some of the modules feature apps which are only available on iOS. As soon as the Android and PC-user specific modules have been added, the price will go up, so buy now if you want a bargain!
- Are there any additional costs?
Most of the modules feature free apps, but one module requires a paid-for app (currently priced under £10/$10). It’s entirely optional – you can always watch the video and then skip that section if you don’t want to pay for the app.
- What if I don’t have my own content?
Demonstration material is included, so if you don’t have your own show, you can still complete the course.
- How long will the course take?
The course has an introduction module, six content modules, and one wrap-up module.
We recommend tackling one module a week, although you are free to work at a faster or slower pace if you prefer!
Depending on the content and your experience levels, you should allow around 30-90 minutes each week to work through the materials.
- For how long will I have access to the course?
We promise access to the course for one year from the date of purchase. Access after this date is at our discretion.
- Do I need any prior knowledge?
It is assumed that you know the basics of audio editing and computer use, and understand terms like ‘clip’ and how to upload videos to your social media platform(s) of choice.
This is not a course which teaches you how to produce programmes or how to edit audio – instead, its focus is on sharing the best bits from your show online.
- Can I share my logon with someone else?
No, your course logon is just for you 🙂
- I have another question not covered, here.
No worries – e-mail email@example.com