From confused about your next audio step to clear – in a day!
Join me for a virtual day of audio support and let’s get your next audio adventure underway!
This day is for you if you’re feeling stuck and confused about your next audio step.
You may be new to the world of audio, and don’t really know where to start to get your first project off the ground.
Or you already know you love radio, audio and podcasting, but are baffled about your next career move, and are feeling overwhelmed, confused and frustrated.
And while you don’t know what the answer to your problems is just yet… You certainly know what the answer ISN’T.
It’s not reading another book about how to get your podcast project off the ground, and feeling confused about all the different steps and how they apply to you.
It’s not posting on a Facebook group and hoping that the right person answers your question – even when you’re not sure what it is, exactly, that you want to ask.
And it’s definitely not sitting in your own head, with the thoughts of what to do next in your radio, audio and podcasting career whirling round and round with no clear answer (only lots of frustration).
You KNOW you need support to get clear on your next audio adventure (be that a project or career move) and put an end to the frustration and confusion.
But when you look around for options, all of the stuff out there is just… not quite what you need.
It would be great if you could…
- Have access to a radio, audio and podcasting expert who has worked with hundreds of producers and technologists from all walks of life to help them get unstuck – quickly.
- Dive deep into your radio or podcasting troubles for a day.
- Get just the right amount of support to get you to feel excited about your work and have a clear plan for what to do next.
Well… I have some good news for you!
That’s exactly what you sign up for when you book a Day of Ann On Call with me!
Working remotely with Ann over a day gave me the chance to mull things over with her and then go away and work on it – but with the right amount of pressure knowing we’d be chatting again. It gave me accountability and short deadlines which I like – so I completed more in a shorter space of time. I also really liked Ann’s style – gentle, on point and encouraging. Thank you.Laura Rawlings, Journalist and Presenter
The day helped me gain clarity and focus when it comes to my career and what my next steps are. I was feeling overwhelmed and exhausted before I worked with Ann.
Together, we created a step-by-step plan of what projects to focus on first, which has given me direction and focus, also I feel so much less stressed and frazzled by it all! It’s given me some clarity on what I need to do to get to my goal, which in turn, has given me confidence in myself and my work.
Vicky Carter, Multimedia Storyteller, BBC and Freelance
How does a Day of Ann On Call work?
You have access to me on a ‘bleep’ basis throughout the day, by using an app called Voxer.
Voxer is a walkie-talkie app that allows us to exchange voice and text messages.
During your Day of Ann On Call, we’ll be in touch over Voxer to dive deep into whatever is keeping you from taking the next step to start your new podcasting project, or make that radio career move.
Here’s how a Day of Ann On Call works:
1. You choose a date to have me on call.
You don’t need to completely free your calendar for this. A Day of Ann On Call is very normal life / weird shift-pattern / working around your family commitments-friendly.
You just need to make sure you have enough time between your usual activities to listen and reply to messages – as well as the mental space to process new ideas and perhaps do some short written exercises if relevant.
You may also wish to use the day to get feedback on SHORT audio clips – e.g. as you are editing your show during the day.
It’s a good idea to keep some time during your day clear for focussing on the issue you want to discuss, but you’ll be relieved to know you don’t need to cancel that important meeting, or miss taking the dog for a walk, to get best use from the day!
2. We get you set up on Voxer.
If you don’t have a Voxer account, you’ll create one – it’s free.
We’ll add each other on Voxer, and you can send me a message in advance to tell me more about what’s troubling you. This way, we can dive right in when your day starts.
3. When your Day of Voxer comes, you’ll have access to me from 10:00 to 20:00 UK Time (UTC or UTC + 1, depending on the time of year).
Don’t worry – this isn’t a 10 hour chat, and you’re not expected or supposed to be sitting by your phone waiting for replies.
We’ll be exchanging messages throughout the day at a steady yet relaxed pace.
The best thing about a using Voxer in this way is that we have space in between messages to reflect, research and take action.
That’s part of what makes a Day of Ann On Call so effective.
Great day and real help. I think doing it across a day is much better than doing it in one solid session. It allows the person to have ‘ahh’ moments and come back to you.
Pete Helmore – Media and IT Professional
I was feeling a bit stuck in my career, having ideas and not knowing what to do with them or how to make them happen.
Ann helped me break down projects and ideas into manageable action points that felt achievable and gave me a more positive outlook on my career prospects.
I’m now feeling a lot more focused and less overwhelmed.
I had a great experience and I would definitely do it again. I love how convenient and relaxed it is and how it can fit around your day.Amy, Radio Producer
What can we accomplish during a Day of Voxer?
Here are some examples from past clients:
- Deciding whether to make the leap to going Freelance
- Accountability to work through a job application
- Bouncing around ideas for a new podcast series and drilling down to refine the format
- Advice on choosing the right technology for a podcast
- Working together to decide a dream work/life balance in an audio career and then making a plan to achieve it
- CV tweaking and review
- Being on hand during the day to advise on a tricky episode edit
- Discovering transferable skills from a radio career which can be used for working in other industries
- Prioritising a variety of different projects and creating a simple and clear timeline for achieving them
- Working out which part of the radio industry to move into next, and then creating a list of contacts and next steps for gaining the relevant experience
It’s also okay if you’re not sure what you want to talk about. Sometimes we just know that things are off somehow, but can’t really tell why.
That’s exactly where I come in.
During your Day of Ann On Call, I’ll be digging deep, asking questions, and keeping us on track until we get to the core of what’s keeping you worried and stuck.
Here’s what Voxer Messages sound like:
Transcription: Hi Ann, I just want to say thank you so much for the Day of Voxer we had. Before I started working with you, I was feeling a bit stressed, a bit frazzled, pretty overwhelmed and exhausted, really. I had so many projects on the go and I wasn’t sure which one to do first. I lacked clarity and I was a bit nervous about my future when it comes to my career. But we worked together and broke down step-by-step my plan for the next coming months and you also made me realise what I’m really passionate about, what I’m really interested in, and how I shouldn’t sacrifice that and my real authentic self for something that will please other people. So it’s made me really focussed on what I want to do and how to get there – and not get distracted from other options, and believe in my work! Believe in my work and my worth, so thank you for that.
Transcription: Hi Ann, I just wanted to say thank you for a great coach day last week – it was really helpful. One of the main things you’ve helped me with, from the CV and job work, has actually lead to me having a first interview, so whatever you did, it worked! So thank you for that and thanks for all the help.
Transcription: I think doing what you do over the day with the session and the talks with people is a really good thing, and I think anyone looking to learn more about themselves in a way, or needing help with a certain project, or just like me with rambling questions to you throughout the day, with a clear goal of what they want at the end of the day, should definitely do it, and I would definitely recommend it.
When you book a Day of Voxer, what you’re really getting is…
Support from a radio expert who has worked on national and international BBC radio shows as a full-time staff member and also worked all over the world as a radio, audio and technology consultant on a freelance basis. I understand what it’s like on both sides of the fence, and regularly help clients solve their production (and career) blocks and wobbles.
- A clear understanding of your next step – a CV updated, a job applied for, a list of people to approach, a podcast or radio show mapped out.
- Accountability and a short deadline – so you actually get things out of your head and done in real life!
- Signposts and tools for creating your next show, so you don’t waste money on the wrong technology or plan.
- The confidence to connect with new people and explore different parts of the audio industry.
- Permission to focus on what you need and want for the day.
Insights from a radio production & technology consultant who’s really good at getting straight to the point and cutting through the confusion.
Ready to book your Day of Ann On Call and get moving with your audio goals?
- Click the button below to choose a date for your Day of Ann On Call.
- Follow the prompts to complete your booking and payment.
- That’s it – I’ll see on Voxer when it’s time!
PRICE: $247 USD
Frequently asked questions
What if we’re in different timezones?
I’ll be available between 10:00 and 20:00 UK time (UTC or UTC + 1, depending on the time of year). This means most time zones get at least a handful of hours of conversation during a day of Ann On Call.
It usually works out that we have more ‘back and forth’ if your timezone only overlaps by a few hours, and a more relaxed exchange if we are in very similar timezones. No matter where you are in the world, you should still be able to achieve some useful clarity during your day.
The booking calendar lets you choose your local time and automatically converts the appointment hours, so no need to do complicated maths!
None of the dates available works for me.
Don’t worry. Message me using the chat box on the bottom right corner of this page, and we’ll figure something out.
What if I need to reschedule?
No problem! You may reschedule your session once with the simple press of a button in your confirmation e-mail. Please give 24 hours’ notice of this.
If you choose to not attend your scheduled session without telling me, the full session cost will still be charged.
What kind of topic is not a good fit for a day of Ann On Call?
Here are some examples of things that aren’t a good fit for a day of Ann On Call:
- Something which requires intense review, e.g. listening to a whole documentary, or reading a script (short audio clips or a couple of short documents like CVs or cover letters are fine, though!)
- Topics where you need to show me things in-vision or on video.
- Training you how to use a piece of software, or teaching a skill like editing – that really needs a 1:1 in-person or remote virtual training (Contact me for details).
- Counselling, therapy or legal advice. I can help you bounce around career ideas and goals, but this is not a replacement for professional support if you are carrying trauma from your last place of work. Equally, I cannot editorially sign-off content during our day – the responsibility for any content you create and publish remains with you.
- Anything which needs my intense time for a whole day. I am on call for you during our time, but think of it more like a 1:1 hour that’s spread out throughout the day to allow processing, action and fast results. This is not about me being on a call with you for 10 hours’ straight!
There are many different ways to work with me – if you aren’t sure that this format will suit your needs, please message me using the box in the right-hand corner or via the Contact form, and we’ll work something out!
How much time is included in a Day of Ann On Call?
You’ll have access to me between 10:00 and 20:00 UK time.
Don’t worry. This doesn’t mean we’ll be communicating nonstop for 10 hours! That’s just the window during which we’ll be exchanging messages.
How available do I need to be over during our day?
During a Day of Ann On Call, we’ll be exchanging messages at a slow yet steady pace throughout the day.
You’ll want to make sure you have enough time to listen and reply to messages, and to have the brain space to reflect, do some short written exercises and take action, as appropriate.
It’s a good idea to have a relatively free diary on your chosen day, but the advantage of the format is that it still allows real life to carry on around you.
Is Voxer free?
Yes, it is. And it’s available for both mobile and desktop.
How do I use Voxer?
You can download the app for your phone or desktop for free.
Then you’ll add me (I’ll send the information in your confirmation e-mail) and can send a message to say hi and make sure it’s working.
During the day, we’ll exchange voice and text messages.
To send a voice message, you simply press and hold the bright orange ‘walkie talkie’ icon.
Is our conversation confidential?
How long do my messages need to be?
As long as you like – succinct-ish is best, but don’t worry if you feel like you are being ‘rambly’. Sometimes, simply talking your issue out really helps to bring clarity.
A day using Voxer is a bit magic like that.
What happens afterwards?
I’ll send you a short feedback form.
You then have access to your messages for 30 days (unless you have a Pro Voxer account, which stores them indefinitely). You can download your messages locally if you want to keep them for longer.
Some clients have said being able to play the messages back at a later date is really helpful for remembering what they said and helping them to continue to take action.
I have one more question before I book.
Just send me a message using the chat box at the bottom right corner of this page and I’ll get back to you.
Ann offered me the opportunity to help me get started with my podcast.
I am an aspiring podcaster, so needed some direction, hints and tips.
The thought-provoking questions lead to me considering things I hadn’t already considered, which gave me the ‘aha’ moment around audience and greater reach ideas.
I now have some direction and some really useful exercises, tools and signposts that will help me get started!
Thank you for your guidance Ann!
Katie Olliffe, Birth and Post Natal Doula, Sleep Consultant and Parenting Coach
I used the day to concentrate on finalising my CV and focusing on how to progress my career.
I enjoyed thinking outside the box in terms of what companies to talk to, and the feedback on how to phrase CVs and cover letters was really helpful.
I’ve already started the list of companies to speak to and reached out to a few others. Also fixed up my CV and given myself a clear focus on what to do next.Pete Helmore – Media and IT Professional
PRICE: $247 USD